Choose the Correct HTML Element to Define Emphasized Text
We can choose the correct <em> tag HTML element to define the emphasized text In HTML, we used <em> tag to indicate that a section of text has stress emphasis. When the browser renders the text enclosed in the <em> tags, it typically displays it in italics to indicate that the text has emphasis.
<p>This is a <em>very important</em> point to remember.</p>
In this code:
- In this above example code, we created a <p> tag and put some text inside it.
- Then we created <em> tag inside the <p> tag and put the text “very important” inside it.
- See the output, the text “very important” is slightly different.
Why we should create emphasized text?
- Accessibility: Screen readers and other assistive technologies can use semantic markup to better understand the content of a web page. By using the <em> tag, we’re telling these technologies that this text is emphasized, which can help users better understand the content.
- SEO: Search engines also use semantic markup to better understand the content of a web page. By using the <em> tag, we’re indicating that this text is emphasized, which can help search engines better understand what the page is about and how it should be ranked.
Why don’t we use <i> tag for emphasized text
We don’t use<i> tag for creating emphasizing text, because it does not change the meaning of the text. The <i> element is used to indicate a span of text that is set apart from the normal text. It is commonly used for italicizing text, such as book titles, foreign words, or technical terms.
<p>This is a <i>very important</i> point to remember.</p>
Choosing the correct HTML element to define emphasized text is essential to creating a well-structured web page. The <em>, <strong>, and <mark> elements are the most commonly used HTML elements for emphasizing text. While the <i> element is used for italicizing text, it should not be used for emphasizing text. It is important to choose the correct HTML element to define emphasized text, as it helps to draw attention to important content on the page and improve the overall user experience.