CSS Indent Paragraph
In this article, we will learn how to space a paragraph in CSS. If you want to add some indentation (space) to the beginning of the paragraph, we should use the CSS “text-indent” property.
If you add space like this:
<p> Cascading Style Sheet</p>
A space will not be added at the beginning of the paragraph because the browser will remove all extra spaces.
How to use Text indent property
<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <title>Text indentation</title> </head> <body> <p style="text-indent: 20px;">Cascading Style Sheet</p> </body> </html>
- In the above code, we have written the basic structure of HTML.
- Then we create a <p> tag with some text in the body section.
- We want to add some indent (space) to the beginning of the paragraph, So we use the “text-indent” property and give the value as “20px“.
- We can give value as px, em, pt, etc.
- See the above output the text is displayed with some space at the beginning of the paragraph.