What is empty tag in HTML
This article is about what is an empty tag in HTML and listed some examples of empty tags.
What is empty tags?
- Tags that do not require a closing tag are called Empty tags.
- It is also called unpaired tags.
- An Empty tag has only an ON tag, a container tag has both an ON and OFF tag but an empty tag has only an ON tag.
- Also, an empty tag contains attributes, but some tags have no attributes. Eg:<br>, <hr>
Example of an Empty tag
- <DOCTYPE> -first line of HTML document
- <br> – line break tag
- <hr> – Horizontal rule tag
- <img> – Image tag.
- <input> – Input tag
- <link>- Link tag
- <meta>- Meta tag
The above tags do not have an end or closing tags, so those tags are empty tags.
How to find Empty tags
You should first check if the end tag is present, if not, it is an emptytag.